Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Miss Match

MISS MATCH (2003) - Adam Logan

Seven episodes (#1.11 - #1.18)

Kate - "And you, how many times do I have to say no. You're over-bearing, bullish and you're having a freaking baby!"

Adam - "But you like me."

Kate - "Actually ... no I don't."

Content (3.5): Divorce lawyer, Kate Fox runs a successful match-making business in between cases, only to find herself falling for one of her clients.
Production (4): I get the feeling I was one of the very few Australians that watched this show, considering any mention of it to those I'd be talking to would result in childish giggling and amazement that I'd sit through it. But hey, what's not to like? Cool Macy Gray theme song, Alicia Silverstone in a corporate Clueless role and two hotties in the form of the Captain and David Conrad vying for Alicia's affections. Could be considered a predictable take on the romantic comedy genre but script is witty and timely, so I liked it.
Acting (4): The majority of NF's scenes are with Silverstone and Conrad and the three have a dynamic chemistry. Another cocky character, he's smart, rich and a major flirt - NF plays it perfectly! No complaints about the rest of the cast's range. Also, good to see another Buffyverse actor (Charisma Carpenter) pop up in the series in an amusing reaccurring role.
Hair (3.5): The man looks good.
Bonus (4): Some lip-locking and bedroom scenes. Plus as arrogant as his character was, NF's charm and cuteness were undeniable. And David Conrad deserves an extra point too - how can that man not have his own series?!


Total: 19 I wish they never axed this show.

Up next BtVS sometime soon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too wish it wasn't axed, it was a great show, even though it had a plotline similar to 'Clueless', with differences spread out. BRING ON BUFFY :)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home