Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Water's Edge

WATER'S EDGE (2003) - Robert

Robert: If I own up to this and explain myself, I'm doing it by phone from my lawyer's office in New York.

Molly: Look at her.

Robert: Look at me. I've got blood on me, from two different people.

Content (3): An author and his wife find themselves in a web of deceit, murder and sexual conspiracy when they stumble upon a woman being beaten in the woods by a smalltown sheriff.
Production (2.5): Musical score is soulful, instrumental piano pieces. Issues of morality and justice are raised but overall the film is a typical Under $10 movie.
Acting (3.5): Good to see NF in a starring role (and not a two scene appearance), shame it was opposite some b-grade actors. The Captain successfully portrays heartbreak, pain and anger in the character of Robert. Chandra West gives a good portrayal of a mother heartbroken from the loss of her daughter.

Hair (3.5): A tad longer than Mal but not as fringey as Caleb, NF's hair is looking mighty fine. Have you ever noticed that NF has a Homer Simpson-like six o'clock shadow that is the darn cutest thing?!
Bonus (3): Couple of shirtless and kissing scenes, and a few scenes featuring the Captain running.

Total: 15.5 In terms of a NF movie, it was worth every penny spent on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home